Re: Is this license DFSG compliant?

Scripsit Denis Barbier <barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr>

> I can not determine whether this license is DFSG compliant or not,

> %%  In addition to the terms of LPPL any distributed version
> %%  (unchanged or modified) of multicol has to keep the statement
> ->%%  about the moral obligation for using multicol. In case of major
> ->%%  changes where this would not be appropriate the author of the
> ->%%  changed version should contact the copyright holder.

We do not usually reject licenses just because they require the
license text itself to remain unchanged and attached to the software.
In this case some of the license text has no formal legal
consequences, but I don't really see the harm done in having to
keep that part of the license attached to the rest. It's no worse
than the GPL requiring that its preamble is not removed from the
license.

--
Henning Makholm      "Jeg kunne ikke undgå at bemærke at han gik på hænder."