License of Kermit

Hi,

I just found out that ckermit wasn't in non-free anymore. I know it has
a bad license but actually version 7.0 has clause in its license that
allows open source distributions to distribute this piece of software.
ok, it's not entirely free but this clause should allow kermit to return
to non-free or not?

<quote from  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/licensing.html>
Exception: As of version 7.0, C-Kermit is automatically licensed for
inclusion with Open Source operating system distributions:
</quote>

the other thing which might be troublesome is the following
<quote from ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/f/COPYING.TXT>
The C-Kermit source code may not be changed without the consent of the
Kermit Project, which will not be unreasonably withheld (this is
simply a matter of keeping a consistent and supportable code base).
</quote>

i don't know how much of a problem is the second quote but it sucks i
know but it's a useful tool, i have to admit.

regards
Othmar