Re: IBM Public Source License

bruce@perens.com writes:

> I sent this off to the folks at IBM.

> the IBM Public Source License as released for the Postfix mailer. There is a
> question of interpretation regarding the following:
>
>         iii) states that any provisions which differ from this Agreement
>              are offered by that Contributor alone and not by any other
>              party;

I doubt it will be GPL compatible even if this is cleared up.

As I read the GPL (section 2, b) it requires that the *entire source*
for binaries you distibute must itself be distributed under GPL; so
the license will only be GPL compatible if it allows the source code
to be redistributed under GPL.

The clause that is discussed above only applies to binary
redistributions of IBM's software.

--
Henning Makholm