Re: DFSG And Trademarks

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 18:01:50 -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 09:02:47AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>
> > I believe that several packages in main have a licence which forces
> > any modified version to use another name. (TeX is a typical example.)

> Is that why TeX for Debian is named "tetex"?

No. teTeX is not a TeX variant, it is a TeX distribution, including besides
TeX numerous (La)TeX packages, MetaFont, xdvi, dvips, Omega etc.

Omega is a TeX variant supporting Unicode; it's a modification of TeX and
probably doesn't pass the trip test in some aspects; therefore it isn't
named 'TeX'.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.