Re: NEC Licence (Work of US Gov. Employees)

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> Right.  The author is forbidden to enforce its copyright.  No one else has
> any standing to do so.  You have no rights to the material: you cannot sue
> people who make copies without your permission.  Neither can anyone else,
> so everybody is free to do as they please with it.  Your distribution of
> copies of the material with a license attached cannot change that fact.

I think we're in violent agreement there, so let me restate a point
which I think we're sticking on:

It's possible to a take a public domain work, derive some other work from
it (for example, by compiling the program -- perhaps with other changes)
and sell it for a lot of money under a restrictive license.

--
Raul