Re: CDF ?

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> wrote:
> In the case of NASA, being US government, I think that license may be a
> poorly worded "this work is Public Domain"...  I may be wrong though,
> especially given that it's 03:48 here, so don't quote me on that.

Yep.  It's not a license, merely a restatement of the fact that
government agencies (and government employees doing their government
jobs) are not allowed to hold copyrights, but must assign
their work into the public domain.

The underlying idea is that these works were funded by tax dollars
and are must therefore be available to all tax payers.  This is
also the basis of the Freedom of Information Act, which requires
public access to all non-classified government documents.

--
Raul