Re: (Fwd) Re: [awansink@ke.com.au: Re: Isn't a kde version of abiw

Montreal Sat May 29 09:55:38 1999

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Riku Voipio wrote:
> > Why doesn't QTv2 fall under the "system" clause?
>
> It might, but that will make no difference.  That clause would let other
> people distribute GPL'd programs linked with Qt.  It wouldn't help us.

[...]

> We won't be able to have both Qt and that program in main.  One or the
> other.  That's not very useful.

Heh.  In retrospect, I think awansink put things nicely when he said
(approximately) "I'm not a lawyer, I don't care, it's in the spirit of
the license...".

Of course, Debian cares...

-N.
--
"These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format.  After unzipping,
these files can be viewed in any text editor, including all versions of