Re: GPL link against non-free in original work (Re: Isn't a kde version..)

Peter S Galbraith writes:
> In your above example, the _hydrid_ would be created and
> distributed by the owner of the copyright, and it still couldn't
> go into Debian.  Right?

That is the Debian policy.  It is not one I agree with, but I was outvoted
and I see no point in further debating the point.  An exception clause is
trivial to add and is a good idea anyway.

> [Lyx] doesn't have an exception clause, but rather `remarks' clarifying
> the license:...

Let them call it what they want: an exception clause is what it is.

> Would adding the email from the copyright holder be enough of a
> clarification?

Perhaps.  Can we see the email?
--
John Hasler