levee license

Hello, ...

what do you think about this license :

/*
 * LEVEE, or Captain Video;  A vi clone
 *
 * Copyright (c) 1982-1997 David L Parsons
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
 * provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
 * duplicated in all such forms and that any documentation,
 * advertising materials, and other materials related to such
 * distribution and use acknowledge that the software was developed
 * by David L Parsons (orc@pell.chi.il.us).  My name may not be used
 * to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
 * specific prior written permission.  THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED
 * AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING,
 * WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
 */

It don't permit modificated work, but the "My name..." part suggest that the
author don't want to restrict it this way. I wrote to him, but would know what
should be added/modified or if there is another problem with this.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER