Re: YAL (Yet another license)

Paul Serice <ugs@laci.net> wrote:
> That's interesting.  I see what you're talking about, and it would
> make collaboration among projects almost impossible.

For better or worse, Debian doesn't require that arbitrary projects be
able to collaborate.  [There are Debian subsets -- e.g. GNU -- which do.]

There is language in the social contract that leads in the direction
of requiring that abitrary projects be able to collaborate, and maybe
eventually there's a slight chance that the social contract will
be restructured in that direction, but that would be a long, slow,
painful process.

Far more likely is that eventually we'll have another tier between main
and contrib for software which is compatible with the social contract
but not with the GNU license.

--
Raul