Re: YAL (Yet another license)

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Paul Serice wrote:
> Not too long ago, we had a discussion about the Crafty developer
> forcing the name.  I'm wondering if you think it would be o.k. for him
> to force the name of only the executable.  It would "just require[] a
> particular name for one file, not the package" (to quote you out of
> context :-).

This kind of question might be looked at in terms of DSFG #9.  Imagine I
wrote a package that ALSO contained a similar provision (I require the
executable must be named "notcrafty").  It's clear that the licenses are
not compatible for the case where someone wants to combine code from the
two programs.  The same is true for two programs that require the same
filename for their license.  How do you include both licenses in your
combination-product?
--
Mark Rafn    dagon@halcyon.com    <http://www.halcyon.com/dagon/>   !G