Re: FunnelWeb manuals copyright issues

> >  >      Copyright ? Ross N. Williams 1992,1999. All rights reserved.
> >  >
> >  >      Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim electronic
> >  >      copies of this FunnelWeb (www.ross.net/funnelweb/) manual provided
> >  >      that all notices (including, without limitation, the copyright notice,
> >  >      this permission notice, any record of modification, and all legal
> >  >      notices) are preserved on all copies. Modified versions of this manual
> >  >      (including translations to other languages) may be distributed under
> >  >      the same terms, provided that each modification made to the manual
> >  >      since its original release by Ross N. Williams (www.ross.net) is
> >  >      identified on the page on which it occurs, and the front page of the
> >  >      manual carries a notice referring the reader to the official version
> >  >      at (www.ross.net/funnelweb/). You may print out part or all of the
> >  >      manual for individual or organization-wide internal use.
> >  >      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >  > If I use this AND provide the FunnelWeb-source-of-the-webs, would
> >  > that enable you to include the whole lot in your main distribution?
> >
> > I think so.  I guess someone on deb-legal will tell us if we missed
> > something.
>
>This is not dfsg-free.
>I am not allowed to print a book with these docs inside and sell it.
>Such package wont go to main.

Drat! OK. How about this?

   Copyright (c) Ross N. Williams 1992,1999. All rights reserved.

   Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
   FunnelWeb manual provided that all notices (including, without
   limitation, the copyright notice, this permission notice, any record
   of modification, and all legal notices) are preserved on all copies.
   Modified versions of this manual, including translations to other
   languages, may be distributed under the same terms, provided that each
   modification made to the manual since its original release by Ross N.
   Williams (www.ross.net) is identified on the page on which it occurs,
   and the front page of the manual carries a notice notifying the reader
   that changes have been made, and referring the reader to the official
   FunnelWeb website at (www.ross.net/funnelweb/).

Ross.

Dr Ross N. Williams (ross@rocksoft.com), +61 8 8232-6262 (fax-6264).
Director, Rocksoft Pty Ltd, Adelaide, Australia: http://www.rocksoft.com/