Re: PINE Clone

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 08:54:15AM -0500, Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 11:23:55PM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
> > Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> is working on a new mailer and is
> > interested in making it serve as a PINE replacement that would satisfy
> > PINE users.  He would like to get advice and help from someone very
> > familiar with PINE.  If you can help, would you please contact him?
>
> Why not just hack a pine-style main menu, configuration screen, imap, and
> keyboard cheat-sheet onto mutt. They've already got a config file floating
> around that makes it emulate all the PINE keystrokes, and it's already a
> fully functional mailer.

It wouldn't be mutt in this case, as I'm writing a new MTA anyway to go
along with the new GNU Mailutils library (provides transparent mail
handling for an application and supports different mailbox formats
through generic functions - Immediate support for mbox, maildir, and pop3
planned).  The question is, as I'm doing the work anyway, is what would
be useful for PINE users?  Is it just the main menu/keystrokes, or is
there more to it than that?

I'm not a pine user (elm, switched to mutt a couple years ago), so I have
no real information on it - But I may as well do it right if I'm doing an
MTA anyway.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--