Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Marc van Leeuwen wrote:

> electronically) of the paper, even by myself. May I conclude that if I
> make sure to distribute the paper with a liberal licence (maybe even
> GPL) prior to transferring the copyright, they cannot enforce their
> measures, provided I make sure that everything publically distributed
> is based on copied made before the transfer?

Legally this should work... once :}  After that they will probably not buy
any more documents from you.  And they might sue you anyway, even though
they would have no leg to stand on, they might hope they can outlast you.
It all depends on the value of the document, how many ducks you had in a
row, and how mean & nasty they are.