Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 03:53:00PM +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> maniek@beer.com (Tomasz Wegrzanowski)  wrote on 02.12.99 in <[🔎] 19991202221529.F410@priv3.onet.pl>:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 11:48:21AM -0500, Caspian wrote:
> > > I'm afraid this isn't about advertisement, or about the DFSG, or even
> > > about the GPL. This is about the general trend of companies walking all
> > > over the spirit of free software. No one is interested in "freedom talk",
> > > as RMS puts it. Everyone's interested in filling their own pockets.
> >
> > 2 hundred years ago someone said :
> > No nation have ever gained any freedom except
> > freedom they have gained with sword in hand
>
> I doubt this was correct back then, and I *know* it is wrong today. I
> happen to sit right next to a prominent counter example: East Germany.

You are wrong about East Germany
It fell when the rest of Soviet block fell
And it feel because of state of war here in Poland 81-83, and many
more places where people fought with their goverment. There were many
people killed, many were imprisoned, injured or suffered other way.
There was a lot of pain, a lot of evilness.
If you claim this counter-example, I will very disagree.
(here we still remember)