Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 11:48:21AM -0500, Caspian wrote:
> I'm afraid this isn't about advertisement, or about the DFSG, or even
> about the GPL. This is about the general trend of companies walking all
> over the spirit of free software. No one is interested in "freedom talk",
> as RMS puts it. Everyone's interested in filling their own pockets.

2 hundred years ago someone said :
No nation have ever gained any freedom except
freedom they have gained with sword in hand

This is still actual, no matter if you are talking about
Free-Speech, Recruitment, Freedom-To-Use-Modify-And-Distribute-Code,
War-On-Drugs or Right-To-Read

[cut]

> Something-- SOMETHING-- must be done, or in five to ten years the Linux
> (and I do say "Linux" here, since it will no longer be "GNU/Linux")
> community will more closely resemble the Microsoft/Adobe/Lotus world than
> anything RMS would be proud of.
>
> Look at Corel's EULA and think-- is this a step forwards for free
> software? Or is this a step AWAY FROM it?
> 							--Caspian

You are right. This is some regress.