Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

I think that this is an idea whose time has really come-- to make a 100%
(TOTALLY) free distro _as good as the commercial/proprietaryish ones for
"end users"_ and suitable for heavy use by true geeks as well. This is a
project that I've wished to get involved in for quite some time now, and I
have numerous ideas as to how it could be implemented.

If anyone else is interested in doing such a thing-- probably deriving it
from potato, once potato freezes (of course, work could be done on
individual components -before- potato freezes)-- let me know. I can set up
a mailing list or a Web discussion forum, and people can be gathered to
plan the dist.

								--Caspian

--
 = Jon "Caspian" Blank,  right-brained computer programmer at large =