Re: Free Download End User License Agreement

In other words, what you said originally is probably wrong:

>>> So, have they broken that one once for every package built by a minor, and
>>> every package containing contributions from a minor? If so, they probably
>>> have no right to distribute a good deal of Debian software.

in that they haven't broken it at all, they've simply made contracts with
a bunch of parents and guardians, or similar.

Sure, that means their `over 18' thing is equally unnecessary, and that
whoever emailed you doesn't know what they're talking about, but that's
not a crime.

I have to wonder, though, if it wouldn't be in everyone's best interest
if we encouraged Corel and anyone else who plans on make a Debian derived
distribution to subscribe one or two of their lawyers to -legal, and
run things by us. Catching things like this, the beta license and the
apt/qt thing /before/ they happen would be good...

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds