Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

Seth David Schoen wrote:

> Henning Makholm writes:
>
> > Caspian <caspian@twu.net> writes:
> >
> > > I'd just like to state that if anyone out there is interested in making a
> > > completely, utterly free software GNU/Linux dist, with a license that
> > > prohibits putzen like those at Corel from pulling the sort of nonsense
> > > they've been pulling,
> >
> > Note that you won't be able to include any GPLed software in your
> > distribution if you want to make restrictions about how and when
> > other people or corporations are allowed to redistribute it.
>
> Where does the GPL say that?  I can give you several examples of distributors
> who have made this their regular practice.

?

If you don't own the code that is GPLed, you can't relicense it
under a different license.  How could you then use `a license
that prohibits putzen like those at Corel from pulling the sort
of nonsense they've been pulling' if the GPL allows it?

Peter