Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 08:08:25AM -0500, Caspian wrote:
> Thus, I am wondering if anything can be done. Can there not be a license
> made so that a given piece of software cannot be used to fill the pockets
> of greedy people-- or at least so that it would be exceedingly difficult
> to do so?

Sure---but the result wouldn't be free software by any stretch of the
imagination.  Freedom for anyone to use and modify means exactly that.

This latest YACF will be fixed as soon as the exact nature of the problem
is.  That takes a lawyer or two's opinions.  Once that's done we can begin
to address the problem.  It's not a static process and it does take a
little time--especially when the other end of the process (Corel) is dense
enough to have their own noticable gravitational pull.

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3