Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

    IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FOLLOWING
    AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE
    PRODUCT. BY CLICKING "ACCEPT" BELOW:

    1.YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU ARE NOT A MINOR AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE
    BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THE LICENSE
    BELOW. DOWNLOADING AND/OR USING THE PRODUCT WILL BE AN
    IRREVOCABLE ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LICENSE.

This in itself is does not make the software non-free, and if
GPL-covered code is included, this in itself does not violate the GPL.
They (like you) are free to distribute copies or decline to distribute
copies, when and as they wish.  If they want to distribute copies only
to adults, or only people with red hair, that is ok.  Asking people to
agree that they will use the software only in accord with the license
is ok, provided the license is a free software license.

If the license is a free software license, then it permits you to put
the software on your own ftp site and allow anyone to copy it.  So
that is a thing you could "do about" the situation.

You sent me only part of the page.  The rest of the page may have some
sort of problem.  For instance, the license may not qualify as a free
software license.  Alternatively, if this text refers to a specific
license, and if the software it purports to cover is GPL-covered, and
if the specific license contradicts the GPL, that would be a violation
of the GPL.  I have, at present, insufficient evidence to know whether
either of these is the case.

I will send mail now to fetch the URL you mentioned.  Meanwhile, could
you or someone determine for me whether specific GNU packages such as
GCC and GNU Emacs are included in the software that this question
applies to?