Re: is this free?

AJ:
> And in any case, whichever of obliation 2a and 2b you choose to fulfill,
> it requires notifying AT&T

This is also in the APSL and IBM licenses. What was considered non-free
were the ones that required you to send them email on _every_ modification,
that was judged to be too great a hardship and this was the compromise.

> The first point in GENERAL, is unreasonable: ``if you ever use this
> software, you aren't allowed to ever sue us for any piece of your IP we
> may have used if it's in this software''.

Also in the Mozilla public license.

> The sixth point in GENERAL seems like it would discriminate against everyone
> not living in New York, USA, personally.

Also in just about every license ever written anywhere. QPL, MPL, NPL, IBM,
APSL.

Regarding the "monitor the web site" thing, I can't think of another good
way for them to notify you if there's a claim, unless they demand you name
and address. The IBM and APSL licenses also address claims, although they
don't seem to provide any good way of communicating information about claims.

	Thanks

	Bruce

	Thanks

	Bruce