Re: Corel's apt frontend

> Maybe Ian/Debian/GNU should clarify how Debian/GNU code is licensed
> and intended to be used.  It'd be a lot easier for some of us if there
> was a statement saying what can and can't be done with Debian/GNU.

I couldn't agree more. If companies, and even private individuals, feel that they
are likely to be wrongly sued for using GPL code in what is generally believed to
be an acceptable manner, it will discourage support for Linux and other GPL code.

> Do please consider using a more explicit license if GPL keeps causing
> all these misunderstandings.

I expect changing licenses is out of the question for most people but I agree
with the sentiment behind this.

Erich - The opinions expressed in this message are strictly my own and not
necessarily those of my employer.