Re: Corel's apt frontend

> Which is what happens when you make a CD with a /copy of/ dpkg and a
> /copy of/ get_it.

Yes, but I don't see how that could be anything other than aggregation, and
it's very, very clear how we treat aggregation. Copyright law doesn't care
what programs do _when_they_run_ because it has no concept of "reference".
It is blind to the fact that one program won't run without another.

Now, if you copy one work into another, that's a derivative work. Debian,
however, doesn't assert a "compilation copyright", so we have nothing to
say about what works you put together on the same CD. We can only complain
about infringement of individual works, and I don't see that happening here.

Postulate for a moment that a dpkg had a license that required programs that
called it, using its regular interface, to use the GPL. That would fail #9
of the DFSG.

	Thanks

	Bruce