Re: opencontent licence DFSG free?

On Oct 12, Joey Hess wrote:
> The whole O'Reilly debian book is online now at
> http://www.ora.com/catalog/debian/chapter/
>
> The copyright is the OpenContent license,
> http://www.ora.com/catalog/debian/chapter/copyright.html
>
> It looks to me on a hurried reading that the opencontent license is DFSG
> free so long as none of the "license options" are invoked. Opinions?

I tend to agree; my recollection is that the OpenContent License (aka
OPL) was specifically designed to be compliant with the Open Source
Definition (and thus the DFSG).  Furthermore, I think RMS helped them
write it or revise it.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |        Get Debian GNU/Linux CDROMs        |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>    |       http://www.lordsutch.com/cds/       |
|       Debian Developer        |    Are you tired of politics as usual?    |
|    http://www.debian.org/     |             http://www.lp.org/            |