Re: perl camel silliness

On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 03:31:14AM -0400, Brian S. Julin wrote:

> After bothering to ask O'Rielly whether I could "associate a camel image
> with perl" in a free software package they basically said no.  It's a
> silly thing, but I thought I'd drop a note here that the camel xbm bitmap
> in the perl-tk package violates their trademark terms.  To ask permission
> is to invite denial I guess...

The web site at http://www.perl.org/ and the Macintosh version of Larry
Wall's perl interpreter both make this same association. The web site makes
attribution, but I couldn't find any such attribution in macperl. I don't
know if permission was granted for either.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org