Re: GPL link against non-free in original work (Re: Isn't a kde version..)

On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 01:48:51PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> 1- read the rest of the email and you'll notice the further
> change to:
>
>  You may, at your option and for the purposes of distributing this
>  program in object code or executable form under Section 3 of the GNU
>  General Public License, assume that the xforms library (Copyright (c)
>  by T.C. Zhao and Mark Overmars) is normally distributed with the major
>  components of the operating system on which the executable or object
>  code runs. If you choose not to excercise this option, you may
>  distribute this software only under the terms of the GNU General
>  Public License and may remove this paragraph.

Still not quite right. This doesn't deal with the fact that xforms might
come on the same media as the program. I think John or Richard mentioned
this problem. Try:

You may, at your option and for the purposes of distributing this program in
object code or executable form under Section 3 of the GNU General Public
License, assume that the complete source code for this program does not
include the xforms library (Copyright (c) by T.C. Zhao and Mark Overmars).

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org