Re: [awansink@ke.com.au: Re: Isn't a kde version of abiword illegal?]

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 04:31:52PM +1000, Andrew Wansink wrote:
> Well, it just so happens that I have permission from abisource, I
> have had it all along actually.  Nobody ever asked me whether
> abisource knew or not, they just started up with their know-nothing,
> know-it-all bullshit opinions which I neither asked for nor wanted.
>
> So, to all the debian-legal morons who offered me advice.  Next
> time you don't like what someone else is doing and you just have
> to stick in your $0.02. Don't.

Will you TAKE THE TIME TO READ WHAT I WRITE?  Gods, I thought I just said
that given written permission from AbiSource, preferably in the form of
an exception in the top of their files where they tell you the thing is
under the GPL, GREAT!

Instead you'd rather try to piss off one of the few people out there who
would defend your efforts.  Great strategy.

"What does this tell me?  That if Microsoft were the last software
company left in the world, 13% of the US population would be scouring
garage sales & Goodwill for old TRS-80s, CPM machines & Apple ]['s before
they would buy Microsoft. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement."
        -- Seen on Slashdot