Re: Fwd: Re: kdrill licensing

James M . Mastros writes:
> Is it just me, or would this make (normal -- IE compiled binary)
> packaging impossible?

I think you're right.  So it's non-free after all.

Maybe this?

2.  You must redistribute the ENTIRE kdrill package (determined by the
    distribution from ftp.bolthole.com), if you choose to redistribute it,
    including all copyright, documentation, source code, and any other
    types of files.  You may omit the source if you include a written
    offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a
    charge no more than your cost of physically performing source
    distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding
    source code, on a medium customarily used for software interchange.

Of course, LGPL would be better yet.