Re: Modification of reference material

We're proposing the following as a new licence for the WDG reference
material.  From the earlier discussion on this list, I believe that this
licence meets the DFSG.  Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

****
The files in this package may be freely modified and redistributed under
the following conditions:

1. Modified files must include, in text visible to the end user, the
following declaration: "This document was modified from the Web Design
Group's original work. The Web Design Group takes no responsibility for any
errors introduced."

2. All existing copyright notices in the documents must not be modified.

3. Any HTML changes must not generate HTML errors according to an
SGML-based HTML validator (e.g., WDG HTML Validator, W3C HTML Validation
Service) or an XML validator.
****

Thanks to all those on the list that helped us work through the issues.

--
Liam Quinn