Re: ilu-base: ILU's license has changed. It's free now.

Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.xerox.com> writes:

> Yes, and probably will for a while.  It took me two years to work
> through the Xerox mechanisms to get the `derivative work' clause
> added.  I don't anticipate going back to that well soon.
>
> However, I don't see that this is a problem; silly, perhaps, but a
> problem?

Well, I'm not on debian-legal for a reason :>, but I think this clause
may keep it classified as non-free according to Debian.  According to
our guidelines, you can't put government-specific restrictions on
software if you want us to consider it free.  Restrictions like this
put an undue burden on software development outside the named country.

Someone on debian-legal feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but I
suppose for now, I'm going to assume that ilu is going to continue to
be non-free, and I'll see about making SWIG do what we need.

Thanks