Re: licence of LDP

Henning Makholm writes:
> However, as far as contract law is concerned, I'd think I could validly
> offer you the privilege of making partial copies of my work, in return
> for a promise not to add anything to said partial copies?

Right, but I think you need to be clear about it.  Saying "no derivatives"
in one paragraph and "partial copies are permitted" in another isn't good
enough.  Must I put each partial copy alone in a file (or alone on a sheet
of paper)?  That isn't very useful.  Would it be ok to set off and label
the partial copies so that my work and yours are clearly separated?  That is
probably what they mean, but it isn't what they have said.