Re: Intent to package xmemos

> Peter Galbraith writes:
> > Any comments from the legal crowd?  Any standard add-on XForms packages
> > can add to the GPL?
>
> "You are permitted to link this program or any program derived from it to
> XForms" should suffice, I would think.

What I was getting at earlier was trying to gently point out that you
cannot modify the GPL. It's copyrighted by the FSF. You may only
distribute it verbatim. Ergo, you can't tack anything onto the end, even
if you rename it.. (The copyright permits /nothing/ except verbatim
distribution. This is v2.)

-Kysh

--
-> 1988 Black Kawasaki EX500 ('Yarf!') <street>
-> FAA licensed private pilot