Re: The QPL

dark@master.debian.org wrote:

> Yesterday I marked gri for installation.  As far as I know it's the
> first package in main with the Q Public License.  It seems DFSG-free to me.
> I include it here for review.

It was certainly the intent to use a free license for gri.  If it
turns out not to be DFSG-free, please tell me how to modify it.
The author wants it to be free, but would like to be able to use
contributed patches or code in a sister plotting package that may
eventually be sold (this was the plan for gri years ago, but he
kept giving away so never sold it).  The other plotting package
is currently downloadable but has no distribution license.

Peter (the gri maintainer)