Re: Recently released QPL

    DB> GPL *does* restrict your rights.  If you found a kewl foobar
    DB> program but wanted to put the xforms front end to it, you can't.
    DB> Well, you can, but then you can't distribute it to anyone,
    DB> anywhere.  Your right to use the xforms library is restricted.

Yes, and if I was an author of the foobar program, it would be according
to my wishes.  If I permitted linking with non-free libraries, someone
could make an wonderful GUI using the XYZNONFREE library.  Users could
become dependent on XYZNONFREE.  No problem with it, but don't use my
work for this purpose.

Though it's a restriction put on non-free software users, my primary
concern would be about free software users.  And it would be bad for
them if the GUI development focused on XYZNONFREE instead of ABCFREE.

I think GPL is a very good license.

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell