Re: UW gave permission for PINE

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> UW gave me permission to distribute my amateur pine.debs at
> http://ompages.com/debian/pkgs/pine/pine.html.
>
> I'm curious about the nature of the legal controversy over this app.

Debian is dedicated to free software and it is not in the business of
asking permission to distribute non-free apps.

Please, do not ask them for this permission *in the name of Debian*.

If you want to do something for Debian with respect to pine, please ask
them to change the license instead.

Thanks.

--
 "08535c6c177f03bbcaa99277faeb2a45" (a truly random sig)