Re: LaTeX Project Public License

David writes:
> ...subject to the constraint that no derivatives of this software are
> given the filenames of the original source files for this code which were
> released under LPPL these: are x y z.

I understand the intent of the clause.  Nonetheless, it says that I must
ensure that the original names are never used.  This is impossible.  I can
put a clause in my license forbidding my licensees to change the names
back, but I cannot ensure that one of them will not violate the license and
do so anyway.

Try this:

 * You rename the file before you make any changes to it, unless the file
   explicitly says that renaming is not required.  Any such changed files
   must be distributed under a license that forbids distribution of those
   files and any files derived from them under the names used by the
   original files in the distribution of The Program.

There are probably better ways to do this, but they would require extensive
rewriting of the license.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)