Re: Proposed Grail and JPython Licenses

Guido van Rossum writes:
> A note on clause 4 (about OROmatcher, a regular expression package for
> Java), which only applies to JPython.  I expect that this may be a
> show-stopper for Debian, since OROmatcher is only available in binary
> form.

It keeps the package out of main.  It theoretically could go in non-free,
but personally I find the clause so repugnant that I would rather not see
it on any Debian servers at all.

> Let me know if this license works for Debian, and if not, what problems
> it has.

Without clause 4 it is just a verbose version of the modified BSD license
and is therefor DFSG compliant.

You should get rid of the "CLICKING ON THE SOFTWARE RELEASE BUTTON" stuff,
though.  It makes no sense in the context of a Debian package.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)