Re: lprng license

David Starner quotes:

And writes:
> What's so strange? How I understand it is that you can use it under the
> GPL or Artistic License. If you need support or want to include it in a
> program without following the Artistic or GPL, then email him and he'll
> hook you up - probably for a hefty fee. Still, completely DFSG-free.

He is letting us chose one of three licenses:  The GPL modified to forbid
commercial use, the Artistic modified to forbid all but "limited"
commmercial use, and a privately negotiated custom license.  Very non-free.

I suspect that he labors under the delusion that the GPL intrinsicly
forbids commercial use.  He is quite wrong.  It does not apply to use at
all.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)