Re: License for DOCs in main?

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
> E.g. the GPL itself, as a document, is under copyright conditions that
> would definitely make it non DFSG-free had it happened to be a source
> code.

Yes.

We need some explicit exceptions to the DFSG guidelines for certain
things:

copyright licenses, perhaps logos, perhaps standards documents.

Basically, we should relax the "modify and redistribute" requirement
for some of these (we need to thrash out whether this is really needed
in all those cases, and just how far we need to relax this requirement).

I worry about the current DFSG draft, which introduces a far broader
exception and gives no guidelines at all about what's acceptable for
such cases.

--
Raul