Re: We distribute LyX?

David Starner wrote:

> Actually, LyX depends on XForms, so fixing Qt won't help. Fixing Qt will
> let us add KLyX (LyX ported to Qt), which would be a good substitute.

Has anyone in Debian ever approached the XForms developer(s)
about making XForms open-source?

That sure would move a _lot_ of stuff into main.   I doubt they
make much money on it, it's mostly free anyway (as in beer).
Having sources available would make me feel better about it
disappearing off the face of the earth and standing all those
applications.

Peter <psg@debian.org>