Re: Your petition to GPL Qt

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 10:17:25AM -0600, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> > Basically the GPL with a provision to allow linking to QT.  For the bulk
> > of KDE that isn't needed since it was WRITTEN to use QT.  This is an
> > "implicit declaration" ( I think that's the term ).
>
> I agree that the linking clause is not strictly required for the material
> originated by the KDE authors, but many people disagree with me on this.
> Adding a linking clause would do no harm and would satisfy everyone and
> prevent this issue from coming up again in the future.

But so does making the QPL compatible with the GPL.  And in fact it makes
the need to ask anyone for anything unnecessary which is good.  That way
the coders can go code and the rest of us have to find something else to
argue about.  =>

Like what to call the dist after potato...

--
NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!