Re: Your petition to GPL Qt

Joseph Carter wrote:

<Sniped a Damed good post>

Keep it up.  Just curious.  Is GPL compatibility essential for
putting QT & KDE in Debian main ?  Or would a "simple" GPL-and-link
to-QT License alteration sofice ?  I ask because the only item of
concern for KDe are those few apps which have some GPLed code from
other developers built in.  ( KFloppy comes to mind ).

Can someone compile a listing of those authors for so they can all
be asked to allow such a provision ?  I personally can't see why any
would refuse.  Those who did would likely be a small minority with a
limited amount of code.  I.e. Somebody could rewrite those sections.

Nobody seems to have noticed but there is a QPL-0.92 at
HTTP://www.troll.no/qpl now.

PS : Commercial software has production schedules.  When is QT-2.0 due ?