Re: Freely distributable non-free packages

    JHV> AFAIK wwwcount should be *+ not -.  The only reason we put it
    JHV> in non-free is that it uses GIFs hence the LZW patent.
    JHV> (something I'm slowly in the process of remedying.)

I don't think so.  There are two other problems:

  If the program is included in a book, publication or in a software
  distribution media for sale, the author must be notified about it.  No
  binary only distribution is allowed.

Though it has a special exception for Debian:

  This program may be distributed without notification  as a
  component of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution or a Linux
  distribution derived from the Debian GNU/Linux distribution.
  If it is distributed in binary form, notice must be given in the
  documentation of how to obtain the source.

I'd still classify it `-', since it's not clear what is Debian
distribution or derived distribution and what not.

Milan Zamazal