Re: ASL2 vs. GPL?

On 2004-02-26 02:58:28 +0000 Chris Waters <xtifr@debian.org> wrote:

With the Apache Foundation publicly disagreeing with the FSF over
whether the new Apache Source License 2.0 is compatible with the GPL,
I think it might be wise for us to look into the matter and form our
own opinions, so that (e.g.) if someone submits code that mixes the
two licenses, we'll know how to respond.

I think AF and FSF are still talking. Shall we let them finish before involving ourselves? Either licence or position could be changed. Of course, if someone submits code, we will have to look at it, but can we avoid unnecessary work?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at