nVidia Driver still doesn't working

Hello everybody

After read and put on practice many tutorials on the web, i can't install nVidia driver for GeForce GT-540 video card.
It is on toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.

The problem now is when I try to use "NVIDIA X Server Settings" the program show me a dialog box containing "You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit yout X configuration file (just run 'nvidia-xconfig' as root), and restart the X server"

(*) I had some bad experiences with 'nvidia-xconfig', after that probably next boot time it will show a blank screen.

Then I modified on /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card1"
        Driver      "nvidia" =======================> it was "nouveau"