Re: Issues with nVidia optimus

First I installed "nvidia-detect" and it returns that I have to install the package "nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver".

Then I run "apt-get install nvidia-alternative nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver", after that I rebooted the laptop.

I run "update-glx --config nvidia", everything ok.

The problem now is when I try to use "NVIDIA X Server Settings" the program show me a dialog box containing "You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit yout X configuration file (just run 'nvidia-xconfig' as root), and restart the X server"

I had some bad experiences with 'nvidia-xconfig', after that probably next boot time it will show a blank screen.

Thanks for your attention.