Re: Debian Buster non free net installer with firmware 10.2 is requesting for iwlwifi-8000c 22 to 33.ucode files for wifi device

On December 20, 2019 8:36:15 AM "Adrian D'Costa" <adriandcosta1@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a Lenovo laptop. I don't know the model number of the laptop so I
can't tell you the exact wifi device model number. Sorry about that.

But when I tried to install Debian Buster from the non-free net installer
with non-free firmware 10.2 from the website, the installer is asking me to
load from a USB stick where iwlwifi-8000c- from 22.ucode to 33.ucode files
are kept.

Can anyone tell me what should I do now? And why the net installer is
asking for these files when the net installer already should have these
files?

I also tried installing from regular Debian Buster 10.2 net installer and
the same problem persists.

download the firmware-iwlwifi .deb, drop it on a separate flash drive and plug it in when prompted. I'm not sure why it's not included in the nonfree installer though...