Re: emulating 3 button mouse

On 8/26/19 2:19 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> cderr wrote:

>>> either:
>>>
>>> etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/...
>>>

>>> Section "InputClass"
>>>     Option          "TapButton2"                "2"
>>>     Option          "TapButton3"                "3"
>>>     Option      "EmulateMidButtonTime"          "25"
>>>

>>> The time is in milliseconds; you might want to adjust it.
>>>
>>> Or you can try synclient, which should take
>>> synclient Tapbutton2=2 Tapbutton3=3
>>>
>>> -dsr-
>>

>> Thanks for this. I think it's getting close to the right answer, but on my
>> freshly installed buster, i haven't got the directory structure that you are
>> pointing me towards. Here's what's in /etc/X11:
>>
>> Where should i insert the InputClass stanza?
>
>  /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/  is likely. I have a
> 40-libinput.conf there.
>

> -dsr-

i finally got around to trying this -- added the three lines above to
the end of the InputClass stanza referring to trackpad devices, but
unfortunately no joy yet :-[

    thanks much for pointing me to the correct file location in any case,
        ~c

--
Charlie Derr   Director, Instructional Technology 413-528-7344
https://www.simons-rock.edu Bard College at Simon's Rock