Re: Discussions about Partitioning

Btrfs does copy on write (cow). It is the ideal file system to guarantee a shorter SSD life.
If running btrfs on an SSD, the recommendation is to move /var to a non-ssd drive.
I use btrfs on spinners but not with SSDs.

Checkout the use of xfs for / and do make a separate /home, (with ext4 format).

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 7:45 AM, Andreas Schindler